May 30th, 1999
- Added a page about the new album "A Ma Zone"
of Zap Mama to CD of the week.
- Added a few sound-samples from "Sunrise" & "Moondog Jr."
to the Zita Swoon page.
May 27th, 1999
- Added a page about Burning Plague, "legendary"
seventies blues band from Brussels.
May 26th, 1999
- Added a review of "Vindegij Mijn Gat" of The
Clement Peerens Explosition in CD of the week.
- Made a number of corrections to the Pas De Deux-page
with info sent by Walter Verdin himself. The info about the solo-career of Walter
Verdin is now a seperate page.
- Added a page with a brilliant review of my website that appeared in the serious
May 24th, 1999
Since later on this week the finals of Eurosong will be taking place in Jerusalem,
this weekend has been a good "window of opportunity" to make pages about
- an overview of all Belgian Contestants in the
ESC from 1956 to this day
- a page about Sandra Kim, to this day the only Belgian
winner of the contest
- a page about John Terra, the man behind this
year's delegee to Jerusalem : Vanessa Chinitor
May 16th, 1999
- Added a page for Marka, ex-Allez Allez bass-player
who developed a career in rock/chanson.
- Added my review of Purple Prose, the new
band of Dani Klein from Vaya Con Dios.
May 15th, 1999
- Added a new section to the website : Interviews.
This section is developed in association with Frontstage Magazine. Already there
are talks with young singer Sarah and Simon
& Roel of DAAU there.
May 5th, 1999
- Added a page about the untitled debut cd of Ilse Goovaerts aka Neeka
in CD of the week.
April 29, 1999
- Added my point of view on the splendid, gorgeous, extraordinary cd "Little
Things of Venom" by Arid.
April 24, 1999
- Added a review of two (not cd recent) new CD's in the Album of the week section
: the flemish singer-songwriter Jo Vervaet and
the walloon guitarrockers of Flexa Lyndo.
- Added a few sound (& dutch translation) to the page about Tjens
April 17, 1999
- Added a review of Vandal X's new cd "Songs
from the Heart".
- Added a page about the eighties' industrial noiseband Sigmund
und sein Freund.
April 16, 1999
- Added an "advertising"-page that tries to convince
bands, managers, concert-organizers, website-builders ... of the use of sending
in their material to me. They tap into the popularity of the site with it, I can
make the site better & bigger, You get more information. Win-win, no ?
- Changed the look of the top-frame again. Now it's drop-down menu's. You like
it, you hate it ? Tell me.
April 6, 1999
- Added a page in the Archive about the luscious ladies of Laïs.
April 5, 1999
- The links-page has been seriously rearranged & extended
: there are over 120 links in 10 categories.
- Added a few sounds & some info to the "Flowers
for Breakfast" page.
- Published my review of Axelle Red's new album
"Toujours Moi" in the "CD of the week"-section
March 28, 1999
- Changed the setup of the site completely : it's frame time, it's flash time.
The look will undergo some more changes shortly, but the structure for that is
now in place.
January 21, 1999
- Added pages about the cd's of NIKO and Stonedigger
in the section "CD of the week".
January 19, 1999
- NEW : I've installed a new service on the
site : The Belgian PopTelex, with news, gossip,
latest developments, release-announcements etc.. hot off the needle. Your finger
on the vibrating pulse of Belgian Pop.
January 18, 1999
- Added a page about Lieven Tavernier, shy
Ghent-based country-ish singer-songwriter.
- Added some news on the K's Choice page.
January 14, 1999
- Added pages about the cd's of Reiziger and
The Seatsniffers int the section "CD
of the week". The home-page layout was altered to make room for this new
feature on the site.
January 11, 1999
- Added a page for Milk The Bishop, authors
of the 1993/94 radiohits "Asshole" & "Malibu".
- The page for Elisa Waut has some new songs
from her latest release "Mystica" on it.
January 4, 1999
- Added a new item to the site : CD of the week.
With this, I offer record companies or artists the chance to advertise their new
releases. Of the CD, I include some audio-tracks, the press-release, quotes from
reviewers, my own review and a chance to add yours, weblinks, a comparison of
prices for the CD in the biggest internet CD-shops. This week : it's Laïs.
January 3, 1999
- The Adamo-bio has been slightly rewritten and
has some new sounds attached.
- Some minor changes have occurred on the Allez-Allez-page.
- Added songs from "We need new Animals" + some new links to the DAAU-page.
- Added "Stroom", a 1987 song by Arbeid
Adelt, and some new interview-quotes to their page.
- Added a few songs from "Idiots Savants" on the page about Arno.
- Added three songs from the "Feverjam"-album to the Ashbury
- Added some more recent news about the career of Axelle
Red to her page.
- Added news about Guido Belcanto & his
newly released records.
- The history of Berntholer has been extended
with a lot of new info and some more sounds.
- Some songs of the latest album of dirk Blanchart
have been added to his page.
- The discography of André Brasseur has
been made a little more complete.
- I've added a new song to the page about sixties singer Brian.
- New page about Sarah Beth has been added in
the archive, to lighten the K's Choice-page.
- Added quite a lot of info + new tracks to the Chow-Chow
- The bio of Miel Cools has changed quite a bit.
- New info + some more extracts from "Berchem" added to Dead
Man Ray's page.
- The bio's of the gentlemen Wim Decraene, Walter
de Buck en Kris Debruyne has been seriously
- Re-wrote the Roland-bio + new scans and sounds
- 20 more pages are now available both in English & Dutch.
December 22, 1998
- Added a page for Marie-Laure Béraud,
the girlfriend of Arno who made a good debut in 1992, but faded away then.
December 6, 1998
- For Sint-Nicholas, the good children get a brand new page about Ozark
Henry, slightly brilliant, multi-layered, electronic-yet-still-sensitive soundwizard.
December 4, 1998
- Added a page for Octopus, half-British / half-Belgian
close-harmony group of the seventies that was also Paul Michiels' first successful
- Added a transcript of the radio-interview I recently
had on the programma Rang 1 of Radio 1.
November 15, 1998
- Added a page for Mensen Blaffen, cheerful
and funky wave group from the middle of the eighties. With thanks to Koen Dom
for the letting me scan and tape his records.
November 10, 1998
- Added a page for Cinérex (and General
Electrique), a project of techno-DJ's turning to non-mainstream pop.
- Added a page for (Jef) Mercelis, a singer-songwriter
who found a group in 1996.
- Longest time without an update since the release of the site. At times I even
have a life.
October 25, 1998
- added a page for de Lama's, group that shocked
a number of people in 1994-95
- Thanks to information from the man himself, the bio of Kloot
Per W has been changed quite a lot.
- Added a few sound and names of the band members to the Polyphonic
- Added some more recent developments and extra soundclips to the
- Some new clips and a new project on the Betty
Goes Green page.
- The bio for the 80's punk group Red Zebra
has been rewritten.
October 21, 1998
- Starting tomorrow, the new Zita Swoon cd "Pictures of a wedding dress" hits
the shops (if you buy fast, you even get a bonus cd !!), so it's no wonder their
"Ode to a dead singer" has won the 18th song
of the week" contest, before the pale K's Choice. This week, it's cover
time with new material of dirk Blanchart, Kretek and Helmut Lotti.
- updated the K.I.A.-page, thanks to info from Cliffke.
October 13, 1998
Not a lot of new additions to the Archive these last week, I admit, but that because
I'm busy finishing up the official dirk Blanchart website.
Click here if you want to see the work in progress.
- When in Rome, do as the Romans do. And win the 17th song
of the week" contest, as they did. This week a quick look at new work
of Zita Swoon and K's Choice, and at someone called Nico.
October 6, 1998
- Gorki are incredibly honoured to have won the 16th song
of the week" contest. This weekend the bold and brave people of The Romans,
Grascutters and Jo Lemaire are being sent into the Arena.
October 3, 1998
- Added a page for de Bossen, dirty rock-group
September 27, 1998
- Good old Raymond was - at his age ! - victorious in the 15th song
of the week" contest. I Hope the shock doesn't ruin him.
This week, the stage is taken by the young gods Ozark Henry & Double T. Gorki
defends the honours of the older generation.
September 19, 1998
- The victory in the 14th song of the week"
was snatched by Perry Rose (although it was close). This week, we pay tribute
to new recordings of Raymond van het Groenewoud, Elisa Waut and Soulwax.
September 15, 1998
- The page of Jo Lemaire Jo Lemaire was updated
with the release of her new cd "Enkelvoud".
September 12, 1998
- The biography and discography of The Brassers
were updated and completed.
September 10, 1998
- Mama's Jasje have won the 13th edition of the song
van de week" contest. The 13th, I should've known better! This week we
give some attention to the festival "Les Nuits Botaniques" in Brussels, with three
bands that will perform there : Miam Monster Miam, Bé Plouvier en Perry Rose.
September 7, 1998
- Added a page about Zap Mama, world class world
August 31, 1998
- Justice at last : Cinérex have become the winners in the 12th edition of the
"song of the week" contest. So,
can we now have ze votes for zis weeks fantastique contestants Venus, Cobalt 60
or Mama's Jasje, pleeze.
August 25, 1998
- Added a page about the Wizards of Ooze,
hyperfunky flamin' hot jazz-dance heavy-metal band from Antwerp.
August 24, 1998
- Added some news about the rumours that Evil
Superstars would be on the verge of splitting up. Turns out they are true.
August 23, 1998
- The "oldies" of Front Two-Four-Two still seem to be quite popular, since they've
just snatched the victory in the 11th edition of the "song
of the week" contest. The fresh and new edition is a duel between Cinérex,
Telex and the Wineguns.
August 15, 1998
- For the first time, there was an ex-aequo in the 10th "song
of the week" contest between Bruno & ABN. Due to a lack of inspiration,
this weeks heroes and vilains are Front 242, Fred & The Healers and Touch of Joy.
August 13, 1998
- Made some corrections to and added weblink from the Neon
Judgement-page, thanks to the suggestions of Jurgen Landrie.
August 9, 1998
- Added a page for Das Pop, winners of this year's
- Added a page for My Velma, the new group of
Jan Leyers. This also brought some changes to the pages of Paul
Michiels and Soulsister.
- The page of 't Hof van Commerce was
updated with news on the side-projects of DJ 4T4 and Filip Cauwelier.
August 6, 1998
- Das Pop are the (clear) winners of the 9th "song
of the week" contest. Another very similar pairing has been found in
"Bruno", an acoustic singer-songwriter, "ABN", a hip-hop crew rapping in Dutch,
and "Pat Crimson", Belgian Trance or Eurobeat.
August 2, 1998
- Added a new way of navigating the archives : At
- Attempt to classify the groups into music genres. Comments
and critique are welcome.
- Changed the headers of all pages to accomodate these two new possibilities.
July 29, 1998
- My Velma are the winners of the 8th "song
of the week" contest. The new "contest" is closely matched between the
coming talents of Das Pop, the Sinatra adapation of Will Tura, and a completely
unknown band called Mr. Cheeks.
July 21, 1998
- Sex Machines are the winners of the 7th "song
of the week" contest. The new match features Mr.John, an Englishman in
Brussels, My Velma, the new group of Jan Leyers, and The Hangovers, rockabilly
from Overpelt. Yee-aah.
- In a cowardly attempt to raise the visitors to the site even more, I'm experimenting
with advertising banners at the bottom of the pages. I hope to get more international
respons this way. If it turns out this doesn't do much, I'll remove them again.
July 20, 1998
- Today an interview with me about this site was broadcasted on Radio 2, Omroep
July 19, 1998
- Added a page about Soulwax, hard rocking group
in the tradition of Soundgarden and Pearl Jam.
July 13, 1998
- K's Choice are the winners of the sixth "song
of the week" contest. The new match is between the dEUS-related groups
Cinérex, Gore Slut and Sexmachines.
July 5, 1998
- Added a page about Starflam, hip-hop crew
from Liège. - Soulwax are the winners of the fifth "song
of the week" contest. The new match is between new releases of DAAU,
K's Choice and het Hof van Commerce.
Watch it : This site pays royalties, and was built and maintained in
accordance with the terms and conditions negotiated with SABAM,
the Belgian society of copyright-holders. Consultation of this site is free, but
this exludes downloading, reproducing or public performance of any part of this
site. Please do not copy. Link!