June 30, 1998
- Added a page about Praga Khan, techno wonder
better known abroad then in Belgium.
- Added a page to the archive about Zjef Vanuytsel,
singer-songwriter of the seventies.
- Added a page for The Misters, powerpop group
of the seventies with Kloot Perw en Bert Decorte.
June 28, 1998
- Starflam are the winners of the fourth "song
van de week" contest. The new match features Soulwax (with Tracy Bonham),
The Fantastico All-Stars (with Jan Wauters) and Galina (with Mauro Pawlowsky).
June 21, 1998
- Added a page for Flowers for Breakfast, another
exponent of the talented and interesting Antwerp scene.
- Praga Khan are the winners of the third "song
of the week" contest. The new match is between Starflam, Think of One
and Alane Dante.
June 14, 1998
- Flowers For Breakfast are the winners of the second "song
van de week" contest. The new match features Charles Schillings, Praga
Kahn and Evil Superstars.
June 7, 1998
- Added a page for El Fish, young and promising
- El Fish are the winners of the first "song
van de week" contest. The new match features Flowers For Breakfast, Axelle
"Rojo" en Kim'Kay.
- Added a page for Liliane Saint-Pierre,
celebrating over 30 years in Flemish and international showbizz.
June 2, 1998
- Added a page on Spelers & Drinkers, the
tribute project by a lot of Flemish artists to Johan Verminnen.
June 1, 1998
- New look !!
- Added a new part to the site : "Song of the week". Here, three new
songs will be presented to you each week. You can vote for your favourite, which
will be included in the archive. This weeks
contest features Opium, El Fish and Janes Detd.
May 23, 1998
- Aroma di Amore now has its own page in the Archive.
Thanks to Gerry Vergult for the information.
- Added some sounds to the Krapoel in Axe (K.I.A.)-pagina.
May 16, 1998
- Toots Thielemans has a new record out. I've also
added an interview with him from 1983 (also in real-audio).
- Added information about the newest Adamo-record.
May 14, 1998
- Added some more sounds and a better bio to the Blue
May 7, 1998
Long time since the last update, but here's a major update for you : the Discussion
room, which was not a big success : so now I've reworked it completely (and is
now called the Forum). You can now add messages
directly to the artist pages in 6 categories :
- Album reviews
- concert reviews
- Albums / singles you want to sell
- Albums / singles or other stuff you want to buy / swap
- Other comments (like concert dates, news ...).
You'll notice these changes on all the pages immediately, cause I've added a form
at the top of the page that allows you to add a message, and a list of links at
the bottom of the page that takes you to the selected messages for the group or
artist you were reading about. Enjoy !!
April 22, 1998
- Added a page for Sofie, former member of Trinity
and succesful both in the eighties and nineties.
April 20, 1998
- Two Unlimited are back alive and are poised
to become as big as they were before.
April 19, 1998
- The new album of Evil Superstars is
out now. A review and somer more info about the group was added.
- De Kreuners have released a new single and
will start touring to celebrate 20 years of existence.
April 18, 1998
- Nemo has a new album out. A review and some tracks
were added to their page.
- The Neon Judgement has resurfaced. A
new single has been release, an album will follow soon.
April 4, 1998
- Added a page for Ashbury Faith.
- Started translating the site into Dutch. This could cause a slow-up in the adding
of new bands for some weeks.
March 30, 1998
- Added a page for Guido Belcanto, storyteller
from the gutter and the kitschy bars.
March 29, 1998
- Added a page for Sweater, another very good
March 28, 1998
- Added a page for Eden, an interesting new female
group that has been described as "Buffalo Tom with Pussy".
- Added a page for Betty Goes Green. It
had been a long time coming.
- The bio of De Elegasten is now substantially
March 23, 1998
- Added a page for the eccentrically brilliant Evil
- Added a page for Zita Swoon (who are perhaps
still better known under their former name Moondog Jr.)
- Found out about a website for the group Poésie
- dEUS have been appointed "Cultural Ambassadors
- the biographies for Louis Neefs and Ann
Christy are now more substantiated.
March 22, 1998
- There are now two new ways of navigating through the site : The
Timeline (where the artists are grouped by the year they first gained notoriety)
and the Random Search (where you can find individual
musicians, songs, album titles etc.. by searching through the full text of the
- The top banner on all pages has been changed to accommodate these new additions.
March 18, 1998
- If you're a K's Choice fan, be sure to check
out the news-flash at the bottom of their page. If you're still in doubt whether
to be a K's Choice fan, just listen to the extract from their new single "Believe"
that has been added. I've also added a bit of the first Sarah Bettens recording
"I'm so lonesome I could cry".
March 17, 1998
- Added a page for Thou, an emerging band whose
music has been described as "Portishead meets Sonic Youth" and "The
Ghent answer to dEUS".
- A few changes have been made to the Bernthöler
page, thanks to Kris Dierckx.
- Added a few new links to the "Links & Sources"
- Found out about another great resource about Belgian Music : it's a book called
"Rock over Belgium" (see The Kids to find
out where that title came from) that contains a discography of Belgian Music from
1957 to 1997. The book is done by Kris Dierckx and contains a listing of over
8000 singles and 2800 albums. The book costs 450 Belgian fr. and can be bought
at record fairs, record shop Vynilla in Ghent or by getting in touch with the
author himself : Kris Dierckx, Veldbraak 1, 2431 Laakdal, Belgium or firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 15, 1998
- The Mix (Youth extension of newspaper De Morgen) recently did a special on "Frithop"
: there was enough information in it to add three new bands to the Archive : Krapoel
in Axe or K.I.A., Algemeen Beschaafd Nederlands or
ABN, and the brilliant 't
Hof Van Commerce.
- Added a page for Lowpass, A Belgian Triphop-group.
The sounds still suck, though.
March 11, 1998
- Added a page for Neven.
- Re-wrote the biography and discography of PPz30,
thanks to information sent by Daniel Wang.
- Added some info to the Beverly Jo Scott page,
thanks to info from Alain Weiler.
- The success story of the site continues ... I got my face shown on (regional)
television this time. You can see the screenshots.
- Added some more outside links to new bands on the links
March 9, 1998
- Added a page for Guy Swinnen, thanks to Guy
himself and the Promo Department at Play It Again Sam.
- Added a page for Wigbert.
- Now you can see what pages and real-audio files have been viewed most on the
- The site gets another good review by Tagie.
March 2, 1998
- The page of Jan Puimege now has some more info,
record sleeves and two more audio files ("Zee" and "Zomaar").
Thanks to Jenny Leemans & Danny Dethier).
- I just got an interview in ... Het Belang van Limburg !! You can find the interview
February 25, 1998
- Welcome to all Clickx-readers, who found
their way to the Belgian Pop & Rock Archives through that internet-magazine.
- The site has been nominated for "site of the month" by The Reference.
You can vote for it here.
February 22, 1998
- Added a page for The Wallace Collection
- Added a page for Brian (and some info on the
related The Shake-Spears and Gene Latter)
- Added a page for Dan Lacksman (member of Telex,
but also on the solo-path and with his project Pangea)
- Added a page for Klaus Klang (and his group Klang).
- A song was added to the biography of Poésie
Noire (and a bad one if you'd ask me)
- New song for Plastic Bertrand was added
: Sha la la la lee !!
- The Machiavel biography and discography was
seriously enhanced. A new song (Over The Hill) was added.
- The Telex page went through some changes and
a bunch of links was added.
- At last I've found a webpage with some more information on Anna
- Some info to the Machines and Dinky
Toys biography added thanks to Isabel Bracke
February 19, 1998
- Added new websites for Channel Zero
- The story about Lamp & Lazarus contained
a big mistake : Lamp was in fact Lazarus and vice versa (Thanks to Steven Goffin
for the info).
February 18, 1998
- Official website for Front 242 discovered.
February 15, 1998
- New information on The Kids (soundtrack for "Dief"),
De Mens (New single "Val niet in Liefde), The
Bet (Mark Vanhie produces new artist Sarah), and The
Machines (former drummer Jan De Vos has a new band called Paris Texas).
- Sttellla, a band from Brussels loaded with
Belgian humour, now has a page.
- PPz30, the Belgian version of the Red Hot Chili
Peppers, has been added to the Archives.
- Philippe Swan now has a - very incomplete - page.
- There have been changes to the pages of The Scabs
(with news about the solo career of Guy Swinnen), The
Wolf Banes, La Fille d'Ernest and Red
Zebra thanks to emails from Guy Swinnen and Pip Vreede.
February 2, 1998
- Some additional info added on the current whereabouts of the original Blue
Blot members, thanks to Michael Schack
February 1, 1998
- Discussion Area added.
Hope I will get some feedback that way.
- Help page now contains answers to some of the questions
you might be asking.
- What's New page added (You're looking at it now)
- Links & Sources page added (You can find links to
other interesting websites about Belgian Music as well as a brief description
of the most interesting sources to find more information on this topic).
January 29, 1998
- The Belgian Rock Archives are featured in the Top 10 list of internet links
Watch it : This site pays royalties, and was built and maintained in
accordance with the terms and conditions negotiated with SABAM,
the Belgian society of copyright-holders. Consultation of this site is free, but
this exludes downloading, reproducing or public performance of any part of this
site. Please do not copy. Link!